31 May 2017
Infographic for What is Junk Food and its examples
- WHAT IS A JUNK FOOD?
- Junk food is a pre-prepared/ processed food which is loaded with calories, but without any nutritional value
- It contains high amount of fats especially Trans-fats, Sugar/ High fructose corn syrup, salt, Maida (bleached flour) and lots of preservatives.
- It generally lacks or contains very little amount of proteins, fibers, vitamins or minerals.
- EXAMPLES OF JUNK FOOD ITEMS:
- Sugary soft drinks e.g. Aerated drinks/Artificial fruit juices/milkshakes
- Burger, Pizza, Pasta
- French fries, Potato chips
- Biscuits, cookies
- Cakes, Pastries, Muffins
- Fried chicken/ fish
- Ice cream and Desserts
- Popcorn, Sugary Cereals
- Batata wada, Samosa, Kachori, Pakoda, Puri and Chat Items